Out and about round Thorntonloch
Recent Beach Cleanliness Results
- Fishing from the beach and reef. Cod, mackerel, bass,
- Rock pools full of life
- Dolphins, porpoises and seals often seen off shore, whales sometimes too!
- More rabbits than Watership Down and the occasional deer wandering through the fields
- The beach and surrounding walks are abundant with birdlife
- The beach is known locally as ‘fossil beach’ many different types can bee see and collected
- Search for fossils the length of the beach
- Visit Cove a tiny harbour and beach reachable through a long tunnel carved through the cliff
- Ancient sites like Doon Hill Fort
- Barns Ness lighthouse and lime kilns
- Cycle into Dunbar along the coastal cycle path
- Dunbar High Street filled with interesting small shops, great local produce!
- Dunbar Leisure Centre, swimming pool, waves, slides and much more
- Dunglass Colliegate Church and Cockburnspath, a half days trek along the coast
- More golf courses than you can shake a nine iron at
- East Links family farm, amazing day out for the kids
- Foxlake, water sports and aerial walkway for older children and adults
- Museum of flight at East Fortune – see Concorde and lots more
- The Flag Heritage Centre, Athelstaneford – Discover the story behind Scotland’s flag, the oldest one in continual use.
- Traprain Law and its wild ponies and Hailes Castle nearby
- Berwick, historic market town.
- Haddington, farmers market once per month and walks along the river Tyne
- St Abbs Head nature reserve
- Holy Island
- Edinburgh, a twenty minute train ride away.